- 1 How do I download MediaWiki?
- 2 How do I save a Wikipedia page as a PDF?
- 3 Is MediaWiki free?
- 4 How do I deploy MediaWiki?
- 5 How do I download a PDF from Wikipedia to my phone?
- 6 Can Wikipedia be downloaded?
- 7 How do I save a SharePoint page as a PDF?
- 8 Is MediaWiki safe?
- 9 How do I make my own wiki?
- 10 Is Wikipedia written in PHP?
- 11 How do I install MediaWiki on Linux?
- 12 How do I update MediaWiki?
- 13 How do I install MediaWiki on Windows?
How do I download MediaWiki?
Download MediaWiki (direct link to download the stable release version) and extract the archive to a web-accessible folder on your computer. Point your browser to the directory where MediaWiki was extracted and follow the link to the setup screen. It should be in the form http://domain/directory/mw-config/index.php .
How do I save a Wikipedia page as a PDF?
How to export a Wikipedia page as a PDF
- Navigate to Wikipedia. Type https://en.wikipedia.org/ into your browser’s navigation bar and press ↵Enter to open the page.
- Search for the page you’ll like to save. …
- Locate the Print/export section in the left panel of the page. …
- Select Download as PDF from the list. …
- Select the download link to start the download.
25 мар. 2019 г.
Is MediaWiki free?
MediaWiki is a free and open-source wiki engine. … MediaWiki is written in the PHP programming language and stores all text content into a database. The software is optimized to efficiently handle large projects, which can have terabytes of content and hundreds of thousands of hits per second.
How do I deploy MediaWiki?
- Download the latest version of MediaWiki.
- Upload the downloaded MediaWiki archive to the Deployment manager.
- When the application is uploaded, click on the Deploy to … icon and choose the required environment.
- Specify the context or just leave it empty to deploy your app to the ROOT context. Click Deploy.
24 окт. 2013 г.
How do I download a PDF from Wikipedia to my phone?
Mobile devices which default to the Mobile view do not display the required options; to switch to Desktop view, scroll to the bottom of the page and select Desktop . In the left sidebar, under Print/export select Download as PDF . The rendering engine starts and a dialog appears to show the rendering progress.
Can Wikipedia be downloaded?
XOWA is a free, open-source application that helps download Wikipedia to a computer. Access all of Wikipedia offline, without an internet connection! … It is available for download here.
Have a PDF icon on SharePoint page & on click it export the page as a PDF document. Have a printer icon on SharePoint page & on click it allows user to print the content of the page. Have a send email icon on SharePoint page & on click it sends user the content of the page.
Is MediaWiki safe?
MediaWiki is not designed to be a CMS, or to protect sensitive data. To the contrary, it was designed to be as open as possible. Thus it does not inherently support full featured, air-tight protection of private content.
How do I make my own wiki?
Once you have your Google account, go to Google Sites and click the ‘Create Site’ button to start creating your own Wiki. Google Sites has different templates that we can choose from for our website. Select ‘Project Wiki’ to start creating your wiki. Specify a name that best describe the purpose of your wiki.
Is Wikipedia written in PHP?
Wikipedia and its sister projects run on MediaWiki software, including many extensions, which is written in PHP and maintained by the Wikimedia Foundation (organization).
How do I install MediaWiki on Linux?
- Step:1 Install the prerequisite OS packages using yum command.
- Step:2 Start the Web Server and Database Service.
- Step:3. Create Mediawiki Database.
- Step:4 Download MediaWiki 1.24. 2 with wget command.
- Step:5 Set the required permissions on mediawiki directory.
- Step:6 Now start the MediaWiki web based installation.
How do I update MediaWiki?
How to upgrade MediaWiki
- check the current version of your MediaWiki and the latest available version.
- back up the files and database of your MediaWiki.
- get the new version and upload it on your hosting account.
- upgrade extensions, if there are ones that have to be upgraded.
- update the database.
How do I install MediaWiki on Windows?
Scroll down the window and configure your Wiki name and all the required fields. In the Database config section, enable the ‘Use superuser account’ checkbox and enter the database superuser password. Once you enter all the required information, click «Install MediaWiki!».