Just head to Settings > Personalization > Start and turn on the “Show more tiles on Start” option. With the “Show more tiles on Start” option on, you can see that the tile column has expanded by the width of one medium-sized tile.
- 1 How do I get my tiles back on the Start menu?
- 2 How do I add a tile to my Start screen?
- 3 How do I get the Classic Start menu in Windows 10?
- 4 How do I restore the Start menu in Windows 10?
- 5 How do I restore the normal desktop in Windows 10?
- 6 How do I get Windows 10 back to default screen?
- 7 How do I get the normal desktop on Windows 10?
- 8 How do I change Windows 10 tiles to classic view?
- 9 How do I create a shortcut tile in Windows 10?
- 10 How do I add something to the Start menu in Windows 10?
- 11 Is Classic Start Menu safe?
- 12 How do I find the classic Control Panel in Windows 10?
How to show more tiles on the Start Menu, in Windows 10
- Access Settings from the Windows 10 Start Menu. Go to Personalization. In the Settings app, click or tap the Personalization section.
- Go to Personalization in Windows 10 Settings. Access the Start settings. Click or tap Start in the column on the left.
- The Start option under Personalization. Enable more tiles in Windows 10.
How do I add a tile to my Start screen?
Adding New Tiles to the Start Screen
- Right-click anywhere on the Start screen (or press Windows+Z) to display the options bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Click or tap All Apps. …
- When the Apps screen appears, right-click the item you want to add; this displays the options bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Click or tap Pin to Start.
23 окт. 2012 г.
Click on the Start button and search for classic shell. Open the topmost result of your search. Select the Start menu view between Classic, Classic with two columns and Windows 7 style. Hit the OK button.
Tap on the start menu button, type cmd, hold down Ctrl and Shift, and click on cmd.exe to load an elevated command prompt. Keep that Window open and exit the Explorer shell. To do so, hold down Ctrl and Shift again, right-click the taskbar afterwards, and select Exit Explorer.
How do I restore the normal desktop in Windows 10?
- Click or tap the Start button.
- Open the Settings application.
- Click or tap on «System»
- In the pane on the left of the screen scroll all the way to the bottom until you see «Tablet Mode»
- Ensure the toggle is set to off to your preference.
11 авг. 2015 г.
How do I get Windows 10 back to default screen?
Restore default your desktop appearance and sounds. Click on «Desktop» under the «Personalization» menu. Click in the check box next to each of the display settings that you wish to return to default settings.
How do I get the normal desktop on Windows 10?
To switch from tablet mode back to desktop mode, tap or click the Action Center icon in the taskbar to bring up a list of quick settings for your system. Then tap or click the Tablet mode setting to toggle between tablet and desktop mode.
How do I change Windows 10 tiles to classic view?
You can enable Classic View by turning off «Tablet Mode». This can be found under Settings, System, Tablet Mode. There are several settings in this location to control when and how the device uses Tablet Mode in case you are using a convertible device that can switch between a laptop and a tablet.
How do I create a shortcut tile in Windows 10?
Open your Start menu and you’ll see the website shortcut you added under “Recently Added” at the top left corner. Drag and drop the website to the right side of your Start menu. It’ll become a shortcut tile, and you can position it anywhere you like.
To add programs or apps to the Start menu, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button and then click the words All Apps in the menu’s lower-left corner. …
- Right-click the item you want to appear on the Start menu; then choose Pin to Start. …
- From the desktop, right-click desired items and choose Pin to Start.
Is Classic Start Menu safe?
Classic shell is used as replacement for the Windows 10 Start Menu so that it is more like the Windows XP or Windows 7 Start Menu. It’s doing no harm and is safe. Millions of people use it. But you can just uninstall it if you don’t want it and your Start Menu will revert back to the normal Windows 10 Start Menu.
How do I find the classic Control Panel in Windows 10?
Finding the Control Panel Using Windows 10
If you’re using Windows 10, you can simply search the Start Menu for “Control Panel” and it will show right up in the list. You can either click to open it, or you could right-click and Pin to Start or Pin to taskbar for easier access the next time.