On mobile: Tap and hold on a conversation in your chat list, then select Delete conversation. On desktop: Right-click on a conversation in your chat list, then select Delete conversation. Note: Deleting a conversation clears your copy of messages in a conversation and also removes the conversation from your chat list.
- 1 How do I delete my Skype chat history?
- 2 Why can’t I delete messages on Skype?
- 3 How do I mass delete Skype messages?
- 4 How do I delete Skype chat history on both sides?
- 5 Does deleting your Skype account delete messages?
- 6 How long do messages stay on Skype?
- 7 Can you see removed messages on Skype?
- 8 Does Skype remove messages for everyone?
- 9 Does blocking someone on Skype delete chat history?
- 10 What happens when you delete a Skype contact?
How do I delete my Skype chat history?
- Step 1: Open the main Skype window, then click on Tools in the menu bar and select Options.
- Step 2: Click on IM & SMS in left-hand menu. In the area that loads, click Show Advanced Settings near the bottom right-hand corner.
- Step 3: Next to the «Keep history for» line, there is a button to Clear History, click this.
7 дек. 2012 г.
Why can’t I delete messages on Skype?
Deleting a conversation is currently not supported on Skype for Windows desktop and Skype for Windows 10. However, you can delete instant messages, right-click the message and Remove.
How do I mass delete Skype messages?
On your Mac
- Open Skype and sign in, if not already, to your user account.
- Click ‘Skype’ in the menu bar at the top-left of the screen and choose ‘Preferences’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ button.
- Click ‘Delete All Chat History’
- Click ‘Delete All’ to confirm and finish Skype chat history deletion.
25 февр. 2021 г.
How do I delete Skype chat history on both sides?
There is no way for you to personally delete both sides of a Skype conversation. Furthermore, deleting the Skype conversation on your side only removes it from your Skype record: If your contact goes back and views her conversation history with you, she still sees the entire chat exactly as it took place.
Does deleting your Skype account delete messages?
Your entire chat and files that you shared (as well as those shared with you) on Skype will be permanently erased when you Microsoft deletes your account. You will no longer be able to access old chats, files, and conversations. … To download a copy of your Skype chat history and files, follow the steps below.
How long do messages stay on Skype?
How long are files and data available in Skype?
|Item Type||Duration Available|
|Files||Available for 30 days|
|Voice messages and Voicemail||Available for 30 days|
|Call recordings||Available for 30 days|
|Video messages||Determined by user*|
Can you see removed messages on Skype?
You can access the lost or deleted messages of Skype in the AppData folder on Windows computer. … When you remove messages in Skype, it hides those interactions from view but does not delete them from the program’s database file.
Does Skype remove messages for everyone?
If you remove an instant message that you sent, it’s removed for everyone in a chat and nobody will see it in that chat. However, you can only remove an instant message that you’ve sent, you can’t remove an instant message someone else has sent in a chat.
Does blocking someone on Skype delete chat history?
When you block someone on Skype, all of the previous messages sent to this contact won’t be deleted. You can go to your Recent list on the Skype application and view your old conversation with this blocked contact, and you can still view it. If you have further questions, please respond to this thread.
What happens when you delete a Skype contact?
When you remove a person from your Skype contact list, his link to you on Skype is severed and he’s treated as a stranger. The settings you choose on Skype determine who can send you video calls, text messages and audio calls.