- 1 What should I erase on my iPhone before selling?
- 2 How do I reset my iPhone for a new user?
- 3 Does resetting an iPhone delete everything?
- 4 Will erasing my old iPhone affect my new one?
- 5 Does erase all content and settings delete everything?
- 6 Should I remove my old iPhone from my account?
- 7 How do I force my iPhone to factory reset?
- 8 How do I get rid of someone else’s Apple ID on my iPhone?
- 9 How do I factory reset my iPhone without password or iTunes?
- 10 Why do iPhones need to be reset?
- 11 Does resetting iPhone delete Apple ID?
- 12 Does factory reset delete photos?
- 13 Does erasing your iPhone erase iCloud?
- 14 What do I do with my old iPhone when I get a new one?
- 15 How do I delete everything off my old phone?
What should I erase on my iPhone before selling?
Remove your personal information from your old device
- If you paired an Apple Watch with your iPhone, unpair your Apple Watch.
- Back up your device.
- Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store. …
- Go back to Settings and tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
25 мар. 2020 г.
How do I reset my iPhone for a new user?
Erase all content and settings from iPhone
- Go to Settings > General > Reset. If you’re asked to enter your passcode and you’ve forgotten it, see Reset the passcode. If you’re asked to enter your Apple ID password and you’ve forgotten it, see the Recover your Apple ID website.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
Does resetting an iPhone delete everything?
Resetting your iPhone basically erases all of your personal information from the phone. The factory settings will, however, be retained.
Will erasing my old iPhone affect my new one?
Erasing the old device will not affect the new one. That is necessary for you to be able to wipe the device.
Does erase all content and settings delete everything?
Performing a Factory Reset WILL PERMANENTLY DELETE ALL of your data & customized settings, and will also remove any installed Applications. Performing a Factory Reset WILL NOT remove the data & files that are stored on the microSD card in your device.
Should I remove my old iPhone from my account?
This is absolutely worth doing if you’re lost or sold a device. Even if you still have that old iPhone you never use, it’s not a bad idea to clear it out so you don’t accidentally keep sending two-factor codes to an old device and wonder why it’s not working (which happened to me just yesterday).
How do I force my iPhone to factory reset?
Those steps to factory resetting a device are here again if you need them in an easier to read format:
- Tap Settings > General > Reset.
- Tap ‘Erase all content and settings’
- Enter passcode/Face ID/fingerprint.
- Tap ‘Erase iPhone/iPad’
- Enter Apple ID password.
- Your iPhone/iPad will now factory reset.
How do I get rid of someone else’s Apple ID on my iPhone?
How to get rid of someone else’s Apple ID on your iPhone
- Open Settings. Tap your name (or the previous owner’s name) at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap Sign Out. You then have to enter the previous owner’s Apple ID password.
12 окт. 2020 г.
How do I factory reset my iPhone without password or iTunes?
Just follow these steps:
- Log into the Find My iPhone site via iCloud.
- Enter your Apple ID and password – you do not need your iPhone passcode, but you will need access to your Apple account.
- Select your iPhone from the drop-down list of devices.
- Click “Erase iPhone” and then confirm your decision.
Why do iPhones need to be reset?
Most commonly, people reset their iPhones because they are experiencing major software errors, like issues connecting to networks or apps crashing. Resetting the phone to its factory settings should resolve these errors and restore normal functioning. It’s also smart to reset your iPhone before selling it.
Does resetting iPhone delete Apple ID?
It isn’t true. Erase all content and settings wipes the phone and returns it to it’s out of the box condition. Finally Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
Does factory reset delete photos?
When you factory reset your Android phone, even though your phone system becomes factory new, but some of the old Personal information is not deleted. This information is actually “marked as deleted” and hidden so you can’t see it at a glance. That including your Photos, emails, Texts and contacts, etc.
Does erasing your iPhone erase iCloud?
No, factory resetting your iPhone will not alter your iCloud. Upon setting up your iPhone again you will be given the option to reconnect to your iCloud account if you desire. iCloud also stores iPhone backups that you can restore your phone from.
What do I do with my old iPhone when I get a new one?
How to restore your new iPhone using your existing iPhone
- Turn on your new iPhone and place it near your old iPhone.
- Check the Apple ID that appears in the card is the one you want to use for your new iPhone.
- Press ‘Continue’
- When the animation appears, hold your new iPhone over the old iPhone.
- Tap on Finish on New iPhone.
14 июл. 2020 г.
How do I delete everything off my old phone?
Go to Settings and tap on General. Select Reset and tap on “Erase All Content and Settings”. You might be prompted for a device passcode. Enter the passcode and tap on Erase.