- 1 How do I change the location of my desktop folder?
- 2 How do I change my registry location?
- 3 How do I change my desktop to D drive?
- 4 How do I change the default folder location in Windows 10 registry?
- 5 How do I change my default desktop?
- 6 How do I change my default download location?
- 7 How do I change the location of my documents?
- 8 How do I change where a document is saved?
- 9 How do I access my documents on Windows 10?
- 10 How do I move files to my desktop?
- 11 How do I access my desktop from C drive?
- 12 How do I find my desktop location?
- 13 How do I change the default location of My Documents in Windows 10?
- 14 How do I change my default location in Windows 10?
- 15 How do I change the default download location in Windows 10?
How do I change the location of my desktop folder?
Right click the Desktop folder and select Properties. In Properties, go to the Location tab, and click on the Move button. In the folder browse dialog, select the new folder that you want to store your Desktop files. Click on the OK button to make the change.
How do I change my registry location?
- Start regedit.exe.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders.
- Double-click Personal (for My Documents) and change the value.
- Double-click My Pictures and change the value.
- Close regedit.
- Log off and restart the machine for the change to take effect.
How do I change my desktop to D drive?
Right-click the Desktop or Document folder you want to move, and select Properties. Go to the Location tab, and click on the Move button. When the folder browse dialog shows up, select a new location where you want the folder to be moved. Finally click on Select Folder.
How do I change the default folder location in Windows 10 registry?
Requires local admin.
- Move files that you want to keep from your profile somewhere independent, for example directly on the C: or D: drive.
- Modify the registry value of ProfilesDirectory under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionProfileList to point to your new directory.
How do I change my default desktop?
Go to «Taskbar and Start Menu Properties» under «Tasks» and click «Customize.» Scroll down the menu and click on «Restore Default Settings.» Select «Notification» and click «Customize» and double click «Default Settings.» Click the «OK» button at the bottom of all the tabs to apply the settings you just established.
How do I change my default download location?
Change download locations
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under the «Downloads» section, adjust your download settings: To change the default download location, click Change and select where you’d like your files to be saved.
How do I change the location of my documents?
- Go to Windows Start > Open «Computer.»
- Click the triangle next to «Documents.»
- Right-click the «My Documents» folder.
- Click «Properties» > Select the «Location» tab.
- Type «H:docs» in the bar > Click [Apply].
- A message box may ask you if you want to move the contents of the folder to the new folder.
How do I change where a document is saved?
- Open the Office application where you want to change the default save location and click on Options.
- Switch to the Save tab. In the Save documents section, select the check box next to the ‘Save to Computer by default’ option.
25 авг. 2020 г.
How do I access my documents on Windows 10?
Find your files in Windows 10 using one of these methods. Search from the taskbar: Type the name of a document (or a keyword from it) into the search box on the taskbar. You’ll see results for documents across your PC and OneDrive under Best match.
How do I move files to my desktop?
To move a file or folder to another location on your computer:
- Right-click the Start menu button and choose Open Windows Explorer. …
- Double-click a folder or series of folders to locate the file that you want to move. …
- Click and drag the file to another folder in the Navigation pane on the left side of the window.
How do I access my desktop from C drive?
The user desktops are located at C:/Users/<insert user name here>/desktop. Then the public one is at C:/Users/Public/Desktop. In Windows XP the location is C:/Documents and Settings/<insert user name here>/Desktop.
How do I find my desktop location?
Can’t find the desktop directory path
- In Windows 8 and 10, open File Explorer. …
- In the navigation pane on the left side, right-click Desktop and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, click the Location tab.
- The directory path to the desktop is displayed in the text field on the Location tab.
31 дек. 2020 г.
How do I change the default location of My Documents in Windows 10?
How to Change the My Documents Folder Storage Location
- Right-click My Documents (on the desktop), and then click Properties.
- In the Target box, type the new path to the My Documents folder, or click Move to browse to the folder and if needed, create a new My Documents folder.
How do I change my default location in Windows 10?
To change the default location for your PC, which Windows, apps, and services can use when a more exact location can’t be detected:
- Go to Start > Settings > Privacy > Location.
- Under Default location, select Set default.
- The Windows Maps app will open. Follow the instructions to change your default location.
How do I change the default download location in Windows 10?
How do I change the default save location in Windows 10?
- Go to Settings > System > select Storage.
- Now, click on the option ‘Change where new content is saved’
- Set your preferred download location for each item category.
6 июл. 2018 г.