The short answer: Yes. You’ll need to download an app and purchase a few pieces of equipment, but using your phone as a universal remote is no longer a tech dream. … Some IR blasters attach to your Internet router and capture signals from your phone and then transmit them to your TV, stereo or DVD player.
- 1 How do I use my phone as a remote for my TV?
- 2 Can you use your phone as a universal remote?
- 3 How can I use my phone as a remote for a non-smart TV?
- 4 Can you use your phone as a remote for Netflix?
- 5 Can I use my phone as a remote without IR Blaster?
- 6 Can I turn my iPhone into a TV remote?
- 7 What phones have an IR blaster?
- 8 Can I use my phone as a DVD remote?
- 9 Does iPhone have an IR blaster?
- 10 Can you use any TV remote on any TV?
- 11 Does Samsung have a TV remote app?
- 12 Can I use my phone as a remote for my Samsung Smart TV?
- 13 Can I use my iPhone as a remote for Netflix?
- 14 Can I use my phone as a remote for my computer?
- 15 Can I control Netflix from my phone to my laptop?
How do I use my phone as a remote for my TV?
Set up the remote control app
- On your phone, download the Android TV Remote Control app from the Play Store.
- Connect your phone and Android TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your phone, open the Android TV Remote Control app .
- Tap the name of your Android TV. …
- A PIN will appear on your TV screen.
Can you use your phone as a universal remote?
Many Android phones come with an embedded infrared “blaster” that uses the same technology as old-school remotes. All you need to do is download a universal remote app like AnyMote Smart IR Remote, IR Universal Remote or Galaxy Universal Remote to use your phone to control any device that receives an IR signal.
How can I use my phone as a remote for a non-smart TV?
If you have android phone then you can install Peel smart remote from Google play store. Now with Peel app you can control your LG non-smart TV from your smartphone. Even if you don’t need an IR in your smartphone to connect this app to your TV.
Can you use your phone as a remote for Netflix?
ControlPC is a free iOS and Android app that lets you control Netflix on your PC with your phone. It has the standard play/pause, volume, and next/previous control buttons. You must install the ControlPC client on your desktop. Your phone and your PC must be on the same network in order for the app to work.
Can I use my phone as a remote without IR Blaster?
Yes it is possible to use your android phone as a TV remote without an Ir blaster, but you need to have a smart TV which can connect to WiFi or Bluetooth (I’ve less idea about smart TVs, guessing they provide Bluetooth connectivity too), or else it won’t be possible to make it into a remote.
Can I turn my iPhone into a TV remote?
With the Apple TV Remote in Control Center, you can control your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch—even if you lost the remote for your Apple TV.
What phones have an IR blaster?
The best phones with IR blasters you can buy today
- TCL 10 Pro. An affordable, new phone with an IR blaster. …
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G. A good import buy for an IR-equipped flagship. …
- Huawei P30 Pro. The final Huawei flagship with Google apps. …
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro. One of the last U.S.-sold flagships with an IR blaster. …
- LG G5.
Can I use my phone as a DVD remote?
Power Universal Remote Control is an application that turns your Android mobile device into a remote control for a DVD.
Does iPhone have an IR blaster?
Due to the fact that iPhones don’t have infrared (IR) blasters, they can’t be used to control older, non-Wi-Fi TV models, although you can buy IR dongles that plug into the Lightning connector and enable this feature. … Agree to this and your iPhone should now be transformed into a remote control.
Can you use any TV remote on any TV?
Universal remote controls are not brand specific, so you can use them with any device model from almost every electronics manufacturer. Most universal remotes work with multiple devices, so they can control your TV, cable box, and other peripherals such as DVD players and streaming devices.
Does Samsung have a TV remote app?
Who needs a TV remote when you have a smartphone or tablet? Samsung has released an app to the Android Market that turns your Android-powered Samsung smartphone (OS 2.1 or up) or Galaxy Tab tablet into a digital remote—so long as you use it with a compatible TV.
Can I use my phone as a remote for my Samsung Smart TV?
The Samsung SmartThings app lets you control your TV no matter where you are. Connect your phone to your TV, and then navigate to the SmartThings app. Select your TV from the list of available devices. From there, you can use the remote control features.
Can I use my iPhone as a remote for Netflix?
You can connect your Android or Apple mobile device to many TVs. Connecting your mobile devices allows you to use your TV as a display for content playing on the Netflix mobile app, and/or use your mobile device as a remote.
Can I use my phone as a remote for my computer?
Remote Mouse lets you use your iPhone, Android or Windows Phone as a touchpad to control your onscreen cursor in a pinch.
Can I control Netflix from my phone to my laptop?
Paid streaming apps like Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, and Disney Plus have copy protection that prevents mirroring from mobile devices due to policies enacted and enforced by content owners. Netflix content can be cast wirelessly via your laptop’s Google Chrome Browser or connect to an HDMI cable.