HDMI cables can transfer video and audio in high definition quality from one device to another. There are a variety of reasons you may not be hearing source audio on another device when using an HDMI cable; the settings may not be correct on one of the devices, the hardware may be faulty or the cable itself may be bad.
- 1 Can HDMI be used for audio?
- 2 How do I enable HDMI audio?
- 3 How do I get my computer to play sound through HDMI?
- 4 Why is audio not working through HDMI?
- 5 Why is HDMI not recording sound?
- 6 How do I get my LG TV to play sound through HDMI?
- 7 How do I enable the sound on my monitor?
- 8 How do I get sound through HDMI Nvidia?
- 9 How do I get my TV to play sound through my home theater system?
- 10 How do I turn off HDMI sound?
Can HDMI be used for audio?
Audio Quality :
HDMI is renowned for its video quality, but it also can carry audio without the need for multiple cables. HDMI supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD for 7.1-channel sound for loss-less, theatre-quality audio. HDMI 1.4 also supports audio return channel, which sends sound from your TV tuner to your receiver.
How do I enable HDMI audio?
Method 1: Enable and Make Your HDMI the Default Playback Device
- Press Windows + R Key to open Run.
- Type mmsys.cpl and hit enter to open the sound and audio device settings window. …
- Go to the playback tab. …
- If there is an HDMI audio device that is disabled, right-click on it and select “Enable” Enable HDMI Audio Device.
30 янв. 2020 г.
How do I get my computer to play sound through HDMI?
How to switch sound from Windows PC to TV via HDMI cable
- Right click on the Start icon in the lower left corner of the desktop and select Control Panel:
- In the Control Panel window, click on Hardware and Sound:
- Then click on Sound:
- You will see that your PC Speakers are selected (green check mark sign):
- Click on TV (Samsung in this example) and click on Set Default button:
24 июл. 2017 г.
Why is audio not working through HDMI?
No sound or audio from the source device when connected to the TV with an HDMI cable. … If you have an Android TV™, check the HDMI® signal format in the TV menu settings. If it is set to Enhanced, change it to Standard. On the remote control, press the HOME button.
Why is HDMI not recording sound?
Make sure the HDMI cable is firmly connected to the source device and the device to which it is being connected. If the device is not firmly connected, you may see a picture but you may not hear audio. … If the HDMI cable you are using is frayed or damaged, try using a different HDMI cable.
How do I get my LG TV to play sound through HDMI?
To access the Sound Out setting:
- Open the Settings menu either by using the button on your remote, or if your remote doesn’t have a Settings button, press the Home/Smart button, then click the Settings icon.
- Navigate to the Audio/Sound menu.
- Choose Sound Out, then select TV Speakers.
How do I enable the sound on my monitor?
How to Enable Monitor Speakers
- Connect your computer to your monitor. …
- Connect your monitor to power and turn it and your computer on. …
- Right-click the audio icon in the system tray area of the Windows taskbar and select «Playback devices.» If you connected your monitor via HDMI or DisplayPort, click the name of your monitor in the list of devices.
How do I get sound through HDMI Nvidia?
- From the NVIDIA Control Panel navigation tree pane, under Display, click Set up digital audio to open the associated page. …
- Verify displays that will appear as audio devices in the Windows Sound settings as follows: …
- Click Apply when done.
- Click Open Windows Sound Settings.
How do I get my TV to play sound through my home theater system?
Connect a Coaxial Digital Cable, Optical Digital Cable, or Audio cable to the Audio Output jack on your TV. Connect the other end of the cable to the corresponding jacks on the A/V receiver or home theater system. Depending on your device, the audio input may be labeled TV INPUT or VIDEO INPUT.
How do I turn off HDMI sound?
Go to Device manager, open Audio inputs and outputs then Disable the HDMI sound driver. This is the best way to change the default sound device for your PC. Open the Control panel -> Hardware and sounds -> Sound and set your default speaker the press ok to save settings.