Every Android phone is a little different, but you should be able to mute notifications by opening the group message in question, clicking the three dots in the upper-right-hand corner, and going to “People & Options” (or something similar). From that settings page, tap “Notifications” and turn them off.
- 1 How do I silence text messages on my iPhone?
- 2 What does it mean to mute a text conversation?
- 3 How do I silence text messages from certain contacts?
- 4 Why are iPhone texts silent?
- 5 Why are my text messages silent?
- 6 Can you tell if someone is blocking your texts?
- 7 Why is there a bell next to my text message?
- 8 How do you silence text messages at night?
- 9 How do I silence text messages from certain contacts iPhone?
- 10 Can I silence one contact?
- 11 Why does my iPhone not alert me on some text messages?
- 12 Why does my iPhone not notify me when I get a text from one person?
- 13 Why do I have a text message notification but no message?
How do I silence text messages on my iPhone?
How to Mute Message Conversations on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad.
- In the messages list, swipe left across the conversation you wish to mute.
- Tap the crossed out bell icon.
2 июл. 2020 г.
What does it mean to mute a text conversation?
Select a conversation. … Tap ‘Mute Conversation’ or ‘Unmute Conversation’. Muting a conversation disables notifications.
How do I silence text messages from certain contacts?
- Open Android Messages.
- Tap the contact that has this icon displayed.
- Tap the three stacked dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap People & options.
- Tap Notifications to toggle on and off.
Why are iPhone texts silent?
Check Your iPhone Text Message Sound Effect & Select a Text Tone. … Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > and scroll down to the section Sounds and Vibration Patterns. In this section, look for Text Tone. If this says None or Vibrate Only, tap it and change the alert to something you like.
Why are my text messages silent?
Go to Settings > Sound & Notification > App Notifications. Select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on and set to Normal. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off.
Can you tell if someone is blocking your texts?
Try sending a text message
However, if a person has blocked you, you won’t see either notification. Instead, there will just be a blank space beneath your text. It’s worth noting that being blocked is not the only reason why you might not see a notification.
Why is there a bell next to my text message?
«Notification» (the bell) allows you to turn notifications on and off for that contact. If you have notifications off, you will see the little bell with a line through it on the summary page where all your conversations are.
How do you silence text messages at night?
Option 1: Silence sounds during certain times
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Sound. Do Not Disturb preferences.
- Under «Automatic rules,» tap a rule, like Weeknight. Or, to make your own rule, tap Add more. Time rule.
- Edit your rule.
- At the top, check that your rule is turned on.
How do I silence text messages from certain contacts iPhone?
How to Mute iPhone Text Message Notifications for a Specific…
- In the Messages app, tap on the text message thread from the contact you want to mute:
- Tap Details in the top right corner:
- Swipe the Do Not Disturb tab to the on position (it will turn green):
20 февр. 2016 г.
Can I silence one contact?
Tasker is your third Android option. … Just like on Android, you can set a silent ringtone as your default ringer, then give the contacts you want to hear from a different one. This can also go the other way, giving those certain annoying people a silent one, compared to the default noisemaker.
Why does my iPhone not alert me on some text messages?
Your “iPhone not alerting me of texts” issue may be caused by which there sets no sound for the notifications. To fix it, you should go to Settings > Messages > Sound and select the preferred notification sound. Besides, check if you have turned on “Allow Notifications” and the three options below “Alerts”.
Why does my iPhone not notify me when I get a text from one person?
Your phone may not be on «Do Not Disturb,» but that conversation is — it’s a separate setting from your phone’s «Do Not Disturb» setting. Just go into that conversation -> Details -> toggle the Do Not Disturb switch and you should have your notifications back.
Why do I have a text message notification but no message?
If your Android is constantly notifying you of new or unread text messages that don’t exist, it’s usually due to your messaging app’s cached or saved data. Sometimes these issues will clear up automatically upon receipt of a new message, so try asking someone to send you a message first.