You can select the disk where Silverlight is to be installed. … You may be asked to enter the username and password for your Mac to install Silverlight. Enter your details and click «OK». Silverlight will now install, it may take a few minutes.
- 1 Is it safe to download Silverlight on a Mac?
- 2 How do I install Silverlight 5 on my Mac?
- 3 Do you need Silverlight for Netflix on Mac?
- 4 What does Microsoft Silverlight do on a Mac?
- 5 Is Silverlight safe to download?
- 6 What is Silverlight on my computer?
- 7 How do I know if Silverlight is installed on my Mac?
- 8 How do I know if Silverlight is installed?
- 9 Can I watch Netflix on my Mac?
- 10 Do I need Silverlight on my PC?
- 11 Why can’t I watch Netflix on my Mac?
- 12 Can I watch Netflix on my browser?
- 13 Is Silverlight still used?
- 14 How do I get Silverlight to work?
- 15 Do I need Adobe Flashplayer?
Is it safe to download Silverlight on a Mac?
More videos on YouTube
Leo says Silverlight is safe, it’s made by Microsoft and is pretty much a Flash equivalent. Firefox does block outdated versions of Silverlight, and shows the warning that Jane was referring to.
How do I install Silverlight 5 on my Mac?
- In Firefox, select «Tools→Add-ons».
- On the left, select «Plugins.»
- On the right, look for «Silverlight Plug-In», and click the «Disable» button next to it.
- Click on the install button, and save the file.
- When the download is complete, double-click it in your Downloads window.
- Double-click on the Silverlight.
Do you need Silverlight for Netflix on Mac?
Watching Netflix on a Mac couldn’t be any easier, since the streaming video service phased out its reliance on the Microsoft Silverlight browser plugin. All you need is a Netflix account, a high-speed Internet connection and the time to watch your favorite shows and movies.
What does Microsoft Silverlight do on a Mac?
Microsoft Silverlight is a free web-browser plug-in that enables interactive media experiences, rich business applications and immersive mobile apps.
Is Silverlight safe to download?
It offers a certain amount of future-proofing and handles current internet content. Still, if you insist on installing Silverlight, do so in a safe environment without sensitive data, like a virtual machine.
What is Silverlight on my computer?
recently announced Silverlight, a cross-platform, cross-browser plug-in for Web application developers. The plug-in, currently available as a Release Candidate (which for all intents and purposes means it’s released now), enables rich application development including media, interactivity and animation.
How do I know if Silverlight is installed on my Mac?
How do I fix Silverlight in Safari or Firefox on a Mac?
- in Safari, verify that Silverlight is recognized as. installed by selecting Help > «Installed Plug-ins»
- in Firefox, verify the version and status of Silverlight by selecting. Tools > Add-ons >Plugins.
19 июн. 2015 г.
How do I know if Silverlight is installed?
Open Chrome, type about:plugins in address bar, you can see the Silverlight plug-in version. 6. You can also find Silverlight version by opening add or remove programs in Windows XP or Programs and Features in Windows 7/8 and select ‘Microsoft Silverlight’ to view the version.
Can I watch Netflix on my Mac?
You can watch Netflix on your Mac computer by visiting Netflix.com. Watching on Netflix.com is supported on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and Safari browsers. … To sign in to your Netflix account using your browser, follow the steps below.
Do I need Silverlight on my PC?
Its not a requirement to have it installed, but as noted, some web pages utilize it for streaming multimedia content. I believe the last Olympics which MSNBC had exclusive rights to stream on the web, required Silverlight. Its what you call a Rich Internet Application, similar to Adobe Flash.
Why can’t I watch Netflix on my Mac?
If your cookies are outdated or corrupted then Netflix won’t play on your Mac. It’s easy to fix this however. Simply go to netflix.com/clearcookies and Netflix will automatically clear your cookie cache and sign you out of Netflix. Then just sign-in again to Netflix to start watching a movie or TV show.
Can I watch Netflix on my browser?
You can also watch Netflix on Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Opera. For more details, review Netflix system requirements.
Is Silverlight still used?
Microsoft Silverlight will reach the end of support on October 12, 2021. Silverlight development framework is currently only supported on Internet Explorer 10 and Internet Explorer 11, with support for Internet Explorer 10 ending on January 31, 2020.
How do I get Silverlight to work?
Ensure the Silverlight Add-on is Enabled
- Press the Alt key on the keyboard.
- Select the Tools menu at the top of the browser window.
- Select Manage Add-ons.
- From Add-on Types, select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Select All Add-ons from the drop-down menu.
- Select Microsoft Silverlight.
Do I need Adobe Flashplayer?
Adobe no longer supports Adobe Flash Player as of December 31, 2020. We recommend that you uninstall it. Whenever you use the Internet, your browser uses small applications called plug-ins to display certain types of content. … Some mobile browsers, including Safari for iOS, can’t even use Flash Player.