You can create a static front page, and then a separate page for all your published posts. You can do that and the first step is to create two pages and then designate them appropriately. (1) All posts on the front page which is also called the home page and is the URL of the site by default.
- 1 How many posts and pages can you have in WordPress?
- 2 How do I create multiple pages in WordPress?
- 3 How do I add posts to different pages in WordPress?
- 4 Should I use posts or pages in WordPress?
- 5 Are pages or posts better for SEO?
- 6 Can you have 2 blogs on WordPress?
- 7 Can I have 2 websites on WordPress?
- 8 How do I show posts from a specific category on a page in WordPress?
- 9 How do I add a new page in WordPress?
- 10 How do I show posts on a page in WordPress?
- 11 What is the difference between pages and posts?
- 12 What is the difference between page and category in WordPress?
- 13 What is the difference between a page and a menu in WordPress?
How many posts and pages can you have in WordPress?
1. How Many Posts and/or Pages Can I Have? You can have as many posts and/or pages that you want. There is no limit on the number of posts or pages that can be created.
How do I create multiple pages in WordPress?
Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Type in the name “WP Create Multiple Posts & Pages” in Search Plugins box.
- Find the “WP Create Multiple Posts & Pages” Plugin to install.
- Click Install Now to begin the plugin installation.
How do I add posts to different pages in WordPress?
In the WordPress admin, go to Pages > Add New. Create a new page called Home and add whatever content to it that you want to use on your home page. Click the Publish button to publish it. Then repeat this, creating another page called Blog.
Should I use posts or pages in WordPress?
Here’s the big difference between WordPress posts and pages: WordPress posts have an official publish date and are displayed by date on your site’s blog page. If you want to write a normal blog post, you should use a post. … WordPress pages are for timeless static content and don’t have a publish date.
Are pages or posts better for SEO?
While blog posts are an extremely valuable section of a practice’s website, the content pages are arguably the most important for SEO. This is because the pages on a medical or dental practice’s website are typically the primary source of information for visitors.
Can you have 2 blogs on WordPress?
You Can’t Have Multiple Blogs. At least, not by default. The way that the WordPress Core is set up, each installation is an individual site. It has one database with one set of users tied to it.
Can I have 2 websites on WordPress?
WordPress comes with a built-in capability to create multiple websites using the same WordPress installation. A WordPress multisite network is used by blogs, schools, and businesses, who need to run separate websites but want to manage them under one dashboard.
How do I show posts from a specific category on a page in WordPress?
In order to add a new menu item displaying specific post category, you should do the following:
- Create a category under Posts -> Categories -> Add New Category:
- Assign posts to the Category under Posts -> All Posts:
- Create a page under Pages -> Add New.
- Insert a shortcode on the page using the category slug:
27 янв. 2020 г.
How do I add a new page in WordPress?
To get started adding a new page to your WordPress site, find the Pages menu in the WordPress Dashboard Navigation menu. Click Add New. You’ll now see the WordPress page editor. WordPress 5.0 introduced an entirely new editor with a new approach to adding content to your new page called the WordPress Block Editor.
How do I show posts on a page in WordPress?
In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance » Widgets and add the ‘Recent Posts’ widget to your sidebar. The built-in Recent Posts widget doesn’t offer many options. You can give the widget a title, choose whether or not to show the dates of posts, and add the number of posts you want to display.
What is the difference between pages and posts?
Think of pages as your static content or “one-off” kind of content that will seldom need changing. This might for example be your About page, and is seen as timeless entities. Posts on the other hand are your blog entries or dynamic content that gets added regularly.
What is the difference between page and category in WordPress?
Categories and pages are both powerful elements of WordPress, but they’re very different. One is part of the WordPress filing system, and lists archives of posts, the other is for displaying important (but static) information to your visitors.
I thought they are the same. Appearance > Menu is for custom menu’s, so if you create a page called “Home” and a page called “Contact Us” but you only want “Contact Us” to show, you could achieve that via the Menu option via Appearance. …