To resolve this issue, you could try notifying your network administrator that you need Delete and Modify rights for the appropriate folder on the network drive. You must have Delete and Modify rights to save an Excel workbook file with the correct file name in this shared network.
- 1 Can’t save Excel shared violation?
- 2 Why does excel not save my changes?
- 3 How do I save changes to a shared Excel file?
- 4 Why is a shared Excel workbook locked for editing?
- 5 How do I fix shared violations in Excel?
- 6 When saving a file a sharing violation can be caused by the way an antivirus?
- 7 Why does Excel close when I try to save?
- 8 How do I save an Excel file that is not responding?
- 9 How do I repair an Excel file?
- 10 How do I see who shared an Excel file?
- 11 Can multiple users edit an Excel spreadsheet at the same time on OneDrive?
- 12 What is the shortcut to save an Excel file?
- 13 How do I unlock a shared Excel file for editing?
- 14 How do I force a shared Excel file to close?
- 15 How do I lock an Excel spreadsheet for editing by another user?
Check if the sharing wizard is disabled then enable it through Folder Options screen. This worked for many users to fix the sharing violation error in Excel while saving the workbook. Follow the steps to do so: Hit Windows key + R and in the run box type “control folders” > hit Enter to open the Folder Options menu.
Why does excel not save my changes?
Possible reasons why documents do not save. Select the tab that applies to you, or go to the «Quick resolution» section. If you cannot save a workbook when you run Microsoft Excel in Windows Safe mode, the problem may be caused by a third-party add-in or by a file from one of the Excel startup locations.
Set up a shared workbook
- Click the Review tab.
- Click Share Workbook in the Changes group.
- On the Editing tab, click to select the Allow changes by more than one user at the same time. …
- In the Save As dialog box, save the shared workbook on a network location where other users can gain access to it.
28 сент. 2020 г.
If you have locked the file yourself, it might be because the file is open on a different device, or the previous instance of the file didn’t close properly. Tip: Sometimes a file may get locked if everyone editing isn’t using a version that supports co-authoring.
How can I fix Excel’s sharing violation error?
- Enable indexing for the file’s folder. …
- Turn on the Sharing Wizard. …
- Select Save as to rename the file. …
- Save the file to an alternative folder. …
- Delete files with CCleaner. …
- Uninstall third-party antivirus utilities.
22 янв. 2020 г.
When saving a file a sharing violation can be caused by the way an antivirus?
«When saving a file, a sharing violation can be caused by the way an antivirus application interacts with Microsoft Office. Check with your antivirus provider to make sure that the current version of the application, including updates, is installed.
Why does Excel close when I try to save?
The reason for Excel crashes when saving may be various, including: Excel application crashes or has a problem. Third-party add-ins conflicts in Word program. Malware or virus infection.
How do I save an Excel file that is not responding?
9 Effective Ways to Fix Excel Not Responding
- Install the Latest Microsoft Office. …
- Open and Save Excel in Safe Mode. …
- Make Sure Excel Is Not in Use by Another Process. …
- Disable Add-ins. …
- Investigate Excel File Details and Contents. …
- Check for the Program Conflict by Performing Clean Boot. …
- Update or Close Anti-virus Software.
7 февр. 2021 г.
How do I repair an Excel file?
Repair a corrupted workbook
- Click File > Open.
- Click the location and folder that contains the corrupted workbook.
- In the Open dialog box, select the corrupted workbook.
- Click the arrow next to the Open button, and then click Open and Repair.
- To recover as much of the workbook data as possible, pick Repair.
See who a file or folder is shared with
- Select the file.
- Click the Information icon. in the upper right to open the Details pane.
- Click Manage Access.
Can multiple users edit an Excel spreadsheet at the same time on OneDrive?
With Office and OneDrive or SharePoint, multiple people can work together on a Word document, Excel spreadsheet, or PowerPoint presentation. When everyone is working at the same time, that’s called co-authoring.
What is the shortcut to save an Excel file?
Use the shortcut F12 to display the Save As dialog box in Excel. Press CTRL + s to save an existing workbook.
Go to Computer Management -> System Tools -> Shared Folders -> Open Files to find out who has a document locked. If the user can’t be contacted to disconnect themselves, you can forcefully do so by right clicking the locked file and selecting Close Open File (warning: the user might lose their changes).
Try going to computer management on the server where the files are actually stored and then go to shared folders -> open files. You should be able to force close the file if someone has it open (and see which computer had an open pipe to the file).
How do I lock an Excel spreadsheet for editing by another user?
For a better protection, protect a sheet.
- Open a workbook.
- On the File tab, click Save As.
- Click Browse.
- Click on the Tools button and click General Options.
- In the Password to modify box, enter a password and click OK. …
- Reenter the password and click on OK. …
- Enter a file name and click Save.