Go to Finder > Preferences > General tab > Check Hard disks. You can get it back into the sidebar in Finder > Preferences > Sidebar tab > Check Hard disks.
- 1 Why can’t I see my Macintosh HD?
- 2 How do I get Macintosh HD back on my Mac?
- 3 How do I get my Macintosh HD?
- 4 How do I get the Macintosh HD icon on my desktop?
- 5 What is Macintosh HD 2020?
- 6 How do I update my Macintosh HD?
- 7 What if I deleted Macintosh HD?
- 8 How do I fix a deleted Macintosh HD?
- 9 Why do I have Macintosh HD data and Macintosh HD?
- 10 Why do I have two Macintosh HD on my desktop?
Why can’t I see my Macintosh HD?
If your hard drive doesn’t appear on the desktop, go to the Finder (you can select it in your dock or just click on your desktop) and select Finder > Preferences (Command-Comma). Make sure the Hard Disks box is checked and it should show on your desktop.
How do I get Macintosh HD back on my Mac?
First, restart your Mac and hold down the OPTION key. Keep holding it down until you see hard drives on your screen. If “Macintosh HD” appears, select it and press the arrow to continue booting. If it boots, that’s great.
A: Put it back on there.
- Boot up in macOS Recovery mode.
- Select to install macOS.
How do I get my Macintosh HD?
You can boot to macOS Internet Recovery by pressing and holding Option-Command-R or Shift-Option-Command-R after starting up your Mac. You can confirm Internet Recovery is booting when you see a spinning globe on the screen.
How do I get the Macintosh HD icon on my desktop?
Finder menu > Preferences > General > Show these items on Desktop. Using the Menu bar, click onFinderthen click onPreferences… Once selected, the changes are applied instantly and you can see now the Macintosh HD icon displayed on the desktop.
What is Macintosh HD 2020?
Macintosh HD is the default name for the hard drive on many Mac models. … Double-clicking on it opens a zooming Finder window, which displays the files and folders lying on your hard drive.
How do I update my Macintosh HD?
How to update the software on your Mac
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu , then click Software Update to check for updates.
- If any updates are available, click the Update Now button to install them. …
- When Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, the installed version of macOS and all of its apps are also up to date.
12 нояб. 2020 г.
What if I deleted Macintosh HD?
You won’t lose your own files, or apps that you might have installed. … This reinstall just copies a fresh set of your operating system files. Then, restarts, finishes the install with those downloaded files. The install process might take more than 30 minutes, but you should boot back into your hard drive, no harm done.
How do I fix a deleted Macintosh HD?
Boot to the Internet Recovery HD:
Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND-OPTION- R keys until a globe appears on the screen. Wait patiently — 15-20 minutes — until the Recovery main menu appears.
Why do I have Macintosh HD data and Macintosh HD?
Answer: A: That’s normal. The Mac HD — Data volume is where your files and apps are kept and you have access to them just like the older system volumes. The Macintosh HD volume is where the system and system support files are kept and the user has no access to them.
Why do I have two Macintosh HD on my desktop?
This means it is an alias and it can be deleted. If neither of them have an arrow, and they open the same drive, try opening Finder > Preferences. Under the General tab, there is a checkbox at the top to show «Hard disks» on the desktop. Try unchecking that box and restarting your computer.