The short answer: Yes. You’ll need to download an app and purchase a few pieces of equipment, but using your phone as a universal remote is no longer a tech dream. TVs, DVD players, cable boxes and stereos use an infrared (IR) signal to know when to do things like change the channel or play the DVD.
- 1 How can I use my smartphone as a remote?
- 2 Can I use my phone as a remote for a non smart TV?
- 3 Which phones have an IR blaster?
- 4 How can I use my phone as a remote without IR Blaster?
- 5 Which app is best for TV remote?
- 6 Can I use my iPhone as a remote?
- 7 Can any remote be used with any TV?
- 8 Does my phone have an IR blaster?
- 9 How do I turn my phone into a universal remote?
- 10 Can I download an IR Blaster?
- 11 What Samsung phones have IR?
- 12 What is IR blaster for Android?
- 13 Does iPhone have IR Blaster?
- 14 Is an IR blaster?
- 15 How can I control my TV without a remote?
How can I use my smartphone as a remote?
Set up the remote control app
- On your phone, download the Android TV Remote Control app from the Play Store.
- Connect your phone and Android TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your phone, open the Android TV Remote Control app .
- Tap the name of your Android TV. …
- A PIN will appear on your TV screen.
Can I use my phone as a remote for a non smart TV?
If you have a IR blaster in your phone, then you can control almost any TV though it can act like a TV remote. There is an app named “Peel Remote”, download it and use that. If your TV has a wifi connection, then using same app connect both, your mobile and TV to same wifi connection and use that app as a remote.
Which phones have an IR blaster?
- Huawei P40 Pro and P40 Pro Plus. Despite the lack of Google Play Services, Huawei’s P40 Pro and P40 Pro Plus are some of the best phones around, hands down. …
- Poco F2 Pro. Credit: Robert Triggs / Android Authority. …
- Xiaomi Mi 11. …
- Huawei Mate 40 series. …
- Xiaomi Mi 10T series. …
- Poco X3. …
- Redmi Note 9 Pro. …
- Poco M3.
15 февр. 2021 г.
How can I use my phone as a remote without IR Blaster?
just go to play store and search “Universal TV Remote Control” then install this app in your device and test it. Android TV can be operated using «Android Remote Control» app by Google. It’s will get connected with the TV through WiFi or bluetooth. Ease of using it, just looks like a remote.
Which app is best for TV remote?
10 best TV remote apps for Android
- Google Home.
- SURE Universal Smart TV Remote.
- Twinone Universal TV Remote.
24 нояб. 2020 г.
Can I use my iPhone as a remote?
To use this remote control, your iPhone must be on the same Wi-fi network as your TV. … The app works through WIFI, so you do not have to be close to the TV to make it works. With a realistic design, you can use all the functions of the original remote control very easily.
Can any remote be used with any TV?
Universal remote controls are not brand specific, so you can use them with any device model from almost every electronics manufacturer. Most universal remotes work with multiple devices, so they can control your TV, cable box, and other peripherals such as DVD players and streaming devices.
Does my phone have an IR blaster?
If you have it chances are it’s an IR blaster. Virtually: If you are on Android, you can install this app. Then check the “Communication peripherals” tab. There will be an IR section and it shows if supported or not.
How do I turn my phone into a universal remote?
Many Android phones come with an embedded infrared “blaster” that uses the same technology as old-school remotes. All you need to do is download a universal remote app like AnyMote Smart IR Remote, IR Universal Remote or Galaxy Universal Remote to use your phone to control any device that receives an IR signal.
Can I download an IR Blaster?
The program can be installed on Android. IR BLASTER Gen2 (version 23) has a file size of 26.21 MB and is available for download from our website. Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 48270 times.
What Samsung phones have IR?
Samsung Android Phones With IR Blaster
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini.
- Samsung Galaxy Mega.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.
- Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Active.
31 авг. 2020 г.
What is IR blaster for Android?
The IR in “IR blaster” stands for infrared. Most remote controls use infrared to communicate with home entertainment components such as TVs, audio receivers, and DVD players. Some Android models come with a built-in IR blaster, and with the right app, you can use your phone or tablet control your TV and more.
Does iPhone have IR Blaster?
Due to the fact that iPhones don’t have infrared (IR) blasters, they can’t be used to control older, non-Wi-Fi TV models, although you can buy IR dongles that plug into the Lightning connector and enable this feature. … Agree to this and your iPhone should now be transformed into a remote control.
Is an IR blaster?
IR blasters can sometimes be found integrated in some Android smartphones such as the Xiaomi Mi 9. … Dedicated IR blaster devices are also available that connect with mobile phones via the 3.5 audio jack.
How can I control my TV without a remote?
The Amazon Fire TV remote app copies and captures the key functions of the original hand-held remote. It works best by converting your touchscreen into a navigation field, which comes with playback controls, a virtual keyboard and voice command capability. The free app is available for both Apple and Android gadgets.