09/04/2019 6:31:00 Multiunit Multiunit
What is Multiunit?
Multiunit definition and meaning on Dictionary terms:
a single thing or person.
any group of things or persons regarded as an entity: They formed a cohesive unit.
one of the individuals or groups that together constitute a whole; one of the parts or elements into which a whole may be divided or analyzed.
one of a number of things, organizations, etc., identical or equivalent in function or form: a rental unit; a unit of rolling stock.
any magnitude regarded as an independent whole; a single, indivisible entity.
Also called dimension. any specified amount of a quantity, as of length, volume, force, momentum, or time, by comparison with which any other quantity of the same kind is measured or estimated.
the least positive integer; one.
Also called unit’s place.
- (in a mixed number) the position of the first digit to the left of the decimal point.
- (in a whole number) the position of the first digit from the right of the decimal point.
a machine, part, or system of machines having a specified purpose; apparatus: a heating unit.
Education. a division of instruction centering on a single theme.
Military. an organized body of soldiers, varying in size and constituting a subdivision of a larger body.
- the measured amount of a substance necessary to cause a certain effect; a clinical quantity used when a substance cannot be readily isolated in pure form and its activity determined directly.
- the amount necessary to cause a specific effect upon a specific animal or upon animal tissues.
- an identity element.
- an element in a group, ring, etc., that possesses an inverse.